SEEKING HELP FROM A LAWYER 找律师帮忙
You want to go into business with a friend, and need to draw up legal papers for your partnership. You call a corporate lawyers office to seek professional help.
A: Seraf, Hayes and Associates. May I help you?
B: I’d like to make an appointment with Mr Boris Seraf.
A: What’s the nature of your appointment?
B: We’d like to have him draw up our partnership papers.
A: Fine, I can make an appointment for you and your partner to come in at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
B: Do you think we can complete the document in one appointment?
A: I’ll let you speak with Mr Seraf. Please hold the line and I’ll transfer your call.
Language Notes 语文註解
(2) May I help you?——有什么可以为你做呢？另一句意思相同的用语是What can I do for you?
(3) I’d like to (=I would like to)——意思上和I want to差不多，不过语气比较客气。
(4) Make an appointment——约定时间见面。
(6) Draw up——拟写。
(8) Please hold the line (=Please hold)——(惯用语)请打电话的人稍候的用语。
(9) Transfer your call——将电话线搭往另一个人处。